Week Without Walls
What is Week Without Walls?
Wellspring Learning Community is excited to share that we will be offering our first annual Week Without Walls (WWW) this year from April 11-17, 2019!
The purpose of Wellspring Learning Community’s Week Without Walls drawn from the Wellspring Mission, is to provide students an opportunity through experiential learning to “become confident, resourceful, creative, caring, responsible and thinking citizens prepared to contribute in meaningful ways toward improving society, both locally and internationally”. Week Without Walls is experiential learning at its best as students and teachers go beyond the walls of school to learn, grow and serve together.
What might a WWW experience look like?
Students could travel to Thailand for a service trip, complete an internship in a field of interest, or explore robotics in today’s world. No matter the experience, it will provide a meaningful opportunity for students to take their learning outside the classroom and into the community. You will find below some general information as we look ahead to this exciting week.
WWW experiences will:
- Strengthen positive relationships within and beyond the Wellspring community
- Highlight at least one of the following areas:
- Intercultural understanding
- Wellspring curriculum
- Be local (grades 6-11) or international (grades 7-11)
- Include at least 5 hours of engagement daily for 5 days – days of the week and timing will depend on the activity
- Count towards CAS or Service as Action as appropriate
- Help students build attributes of the IB Learner Profile
- All Wellspring students grades 6-11 must participate in a WWW experience
- WWW is considered as school and therefore Wellspring policies and procedures apply
- Wellspring offers a range of experiences that fit varying interests and budgets
- Both local and international experiences may have costs
- WWW fair at CCC November 28, 2018
- WWW online applications open on December 3, 2018
- Students commit to experience and submit deposit by December 10, 2018
- Experiences finalized and payment plans confirmed by December 18, 2018
- Planning and preparation with students and teachers from December 2018 to April 2019
- WWW April 11-17, 2019 (International trips may have extended dates)