Learning in context helps students explore different perspectives and global issues. The IB encourages MYP teachers to design lessons around global issues in order to promote international mindedness and create internationally minded citizens. The six global contexts are:
In Wellspring Learning Community we also celebrate and explore these issues in an annul Global Context Day.
- Identities and Relationships
- Orientation in time and space
- Personal and cultural expression
- Scientific and technical innovation
- Globalization and sustainability
- Fairness and development.